Craig Russell wrote on 7/30/23 5:21 PM:
Hi Shane,

Thanks for taking on this task. A couple of comments:

Yay!  Someone else read it!

1. Congratulations on being appointed by the board as a project VP and Chair of
your PMC!

I do not believe that there is a "project VP". There is an ASF VP and a project
Chair. So I'd change this to :

Congratulations on being appointed by the board as an ASF VP and Chair of your
project's PMC!

The same text appears in 1) and 2)

Well, people are appointed as an ASF VP of their project - like I'm V.P. Apache Whimsy. So I think either makes sense in the context here, especially for newcomers; especially since we in common conversation we often refer to project VPs. Any other opinions?

All other questions are great ones that I agree should get done... by whoever's volunteering to update the *other* content in /dev/pmc.html My purpose here is to *only* write one page (or section) of content that handles the minimal onboarding steps for a new PMC Chair.

I only have personal brainpower right now to work on *one* new bit of content at a time, so I'll leave the other questions for later (or, even better, someone new who wants to help make important clarifications).

2. I believe that since the adoption of these standards, the board created the
concept of a Roll Call. While not needed for the welcome-to-new-pmc-chairs, the
material linked should be updated to include the concept.

3. In the reporting description of new committers and PMC members:
When were the newest committers or PMC members elected? [REQUIRED]

The report should specially not name prospective committers or PMC members that
are currently being voted or invited but have not accepted. Only committers or
PMC members that have been added to the roster should be mentioned. Any
in-process candidates should be included in the next report.

Regards,
Craig