On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 1:14 AM, Brian Candler <b.cand...@pobox.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 09:33:02PM -0800, Chris Anderson wrote:
>> To round out this list, I think
>>
>> * Reader ACLs
>>
>> look like they will make it into 0.11.
>
> That's the jchris/readeracl branch presumably?
>
> I was hoping to turn my counter-proposal(*) into code, but I've not had any
> time to do so unfortunately.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian.
>
> (*) which was, in summary:
>
> 1. user record has roles like "foo:_reader" or ["foo","_reader"]
>
> 2. _anon user has roles of "<db>:_reader" for all public databases
>
> 3. you can read database foo only if you have one of
>     "foo:_reader", "foo:_admin", "_reader" or "_admin" roles
>
> 4. /_all_dbs lists only those databases to which you or _anon have read access
>   (but shows every database if you have _reader or _admin roles)

Thanks for reminding me that I should set _all_dbs to hide dbs the
curertn user can't read if that doesn't incur much additional
overhead.

Also, I plan to put a Futon interface on the reader and admin lists.

And, the security object still needs work, to round out the capability
set to be something like what you describe here.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net