On 8 Feb 2011, at 20:53, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> What is it supposed to mean ? A roadmap is a "a detailed plan to guide
> progress toward a goal " . Why couldn't we define goals ?

I think Jan's point is that we use the JIRA roadmap as an advisory only, and
never state that we are committing to it. That means that if I create a ticket
for CouchDB to be able to read and send email, it doesn't hold-up the project.

"Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those programs which
cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can."

        — Jamie Zawinski