On 09/11/2021 11:51, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
Heya Joan & Dave,

I’m working my way through the Glazier readme, thanks so much for the copious
notes.

I had to change a few things to get ahead (noted below), and now I’m stuck.

# Missing PATH

I had to add this to PATH to make tool resolution work as described:
https://github.com/apache/couchdb-glazier/commit/a9499252ad767579b023c179b5da0cd81f32a91d#diff-b335630551682c19a781afebcf4d07bf978fb1f8ac04c6bf87428ed5106870f5

I hope this works generally and not just for me. So far so good.

# git clone otp under cygwin

The README says to git clone in PowerShell. This has the effect that line
endings are \r\n and that doesn’t agree with the `otp_build` script.

Moving the git operations into cygwin fixes this.

Better to change the git config to not touch line endings, but you can do it this way.

git config auto.crlf false

https://github.com/apache/couchdb-glazier/commit/51e5767bc1cfd3285c57278d5f794a93e5bd0af9#diff-b335630551682c19a781afebcf4d07bf978fb1f8ac04c6bf87428ed5106870f5

# Building Erlang

Without any changes, `otp_build autoconf` fails with: ”configure: error: C
compiler cannot create executables“

In config.log I find: “LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file
‘MSVCRT.LIB”

A half on on StackOverflow tells me I need:

export CFLAGS="-link -LIBPATH:/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Microsoft\
Visual\ Studio/2017/BuildTools/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.16.27023/lib/x64”

I got that to build once, but when trying to make it part of the install
instructions, I get into trouble with the configure cache, which doesn’t expect
CFLAGS and seems to come pre-filled with the OTP sources. I went through a
little back and forth trying to fix this, but ended up with \\\\\ escape issues
and gave up.

Any tips for making this work properly rather than hacking .cache files
manually?

Believe I had a patch to submit to OTP to fix this very issue, they said they'd be willing to take it...and I never got to it. I recall it being a patch to their autoconf source to add that path.

Best
Jan
—

24/7 Observation for your CouchDB Instances:
https://opservatory.app