I will start a vote to mark Hive 1.x EOL next week. Let me know if
anyone has concerns around it.

The main reason to mark a release line EOL is: if we have a CVE & if
we don't release all the active lines with the fix we can't announce
that & the PMC would be flagged every quarter for delaying the
process, So, sooner or later we need to find a way to reduce the
number of active release lines.

-Ayush