Thanx everyone for the feedback, I have started a formal thread to mark 1.x
EOL. We can have one last release for 2.x as Chao mentioned, with some
required changes + our CVE's & get the release line marked as EOL then.

@Chao Sun <sunc...@apache.org> Do let us know if you have a proposed
timeline for that.

-Ayush