Sergi,

This problem is more about aliases, then about "SELECT *". The query

FROM Employee e

doesn't work either. And this is the problem, because as soon as JOINs
appear, aliases greatly help to reduce SQL boilerplate. And as I understand
it is hard to make this query work due to complex parsing. But we can make
the query

SELECT e.* FROM Employee e

... work with minimal efforts.