On 11/12/2021 22:02, Marco Neumann wrote:
Thank you Øyvind for sharing, great to see more tests in the wild.

I did the test with a 1TB SSD / RAID1 / 64GB / ubuntu and the truthy
dataset and quickly ran out of disk space. It finished the job but did not
write any of the indexes to disk due to lack of space. no error messages.

The 4.3.1 xloader should hopefully address the space issue.

    Andy

http://www.lotico.com/temp/LOG-95239

I have now ordered a new 4TB SSD drive to rerun the test possibly with the
full wikidata dataset,

I personally had the best experience with dedicated hardware so far (can be
in the data center), shared or dedicated virtual compute engines did not
deliver as expected. And I have not seen great benefits from data center
grade multicore cpus. But I think they will during runtime in multi user
settings (eg fuseki).

Best,
Marco