Ah, had to create /etc/fuseki, but then I think my Shiro settings were
wrong, and it was difficult to create one in the container without spending
too much time on it.

So I downloaded Apache Tomcat/9.0.58, and started with JRE16, with the war
downloaded from the dist area. Also created /etc/fuseki and chmod'ed755 and
chown'ed to my user. Started it, and the application was deployed and
initialized OK, I think.

Except that now the UI fails to load as it cannot locate the static files.
I think I have to find an ENV VAR somewhere that tells the WAR where to
load it from? Moving Fuseki to ROOT.war works. Andy, I remember I changed
some settings in the initialization of the Fuseki Server, maybe I broke how
the WAR locates the path of the application?

(Have to go out for a few hours, will continue testing and try to finish
the vote this weekend)

Bruno

On Sat, 29 Jan 2022 at 12:44, Bruno Kinoshita <ki...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
>> "unix"
>>

>> Looked inside .jar and .tar.gz files in the dist area (binaries and
>> sources), and everything looks good (checked the new -ui module, didn't
>> find node_modules or any other unnecessary files). The jena-fuseki-ui
>> module creates a jar that only contains metadata. Maybe we could skip
>> releasing it in the future? I think as it is, it should be available in the
>> Maven repository as a jar dependency for users, even though it's not usable
>> in any way in Java I think.
>>
>> Tried running the WAR from the dist area, using Docker, with the
>> following Dockerfile.
>>
>> ```
>> From tomcat:9.0.58-jre11-openjdk-slim
>> ADD ./jena-fuseki-war-4.4.0.war /usr/local/tomcat/webapps/ROOT.war
>> ```
>>
>> It started fine, and loaded the UI when browsing http://localhost:8080/.
>> However, when trying to create datasets I'm getting 403. Same for browsing
>> Tasks. Couldn't find anything in the tomcat logs.
>>
>> Any idea of what I could be doing wrong?
>>
>> -Bruno
>>

>> On Sat, 29 Jan 2022 at 07:53, Andy Seaborne <a...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here is a vote on the release of Apache Jena 4.4.0.
>>> This is the first proposed release candidate.
>>>
>>> The deadline is
>>>
>>>       Monday, 31st January December 2021 at 19:00 UTC.
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>>          [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>>          [ ]  0 Don't care
>>>          [ ] -1 Don't release, because ...
>>>

>>> ==== Items in this release
>>>
>>> ****
>>>
>>> The main item in this release is the updated Fuseki UI thanks to work by
>>> Bruno.
>>>
>>> This can be tested by downloading
>>> "org/apache/jena/apache-jena-fuseki/4.4.0/" zip or tar.gz from the
>>> staging repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachejena-1049
>>>
>>> ****
>>>
>>> As general maintenance for the project:
>>>
>>> Apache log4j is at 2.17.1
>>> Apache Lucene: is updated to 8.10.1 -> 8.11.1
>>> Titanium JSON-LD updated 1.1.0 -> 1.2.0
>>>
>>> as well as all other dependences being checked for updates.
>>>
>>> To get valid javadoc, the build was done with Java17 cross-compiling to
>>> <release>11</release>. A dry-run with java11 was done to check no Java17
>>> library calls had crept in.
>>>
>>> The war file for Fuseki is no longer in the apache-jena-fuseki download.
>>> Instead, it is available from the downloads page (links to be updated
>>> when the release happens).
>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/jena/binaries/
>>>
>>> The Fuseki war file does not work in Tomcat10 due to the javax->jakarta
>>> switchover. In theory, the Tomcat provided converter should work.
>>> https://tomcat.apache.org/download-migration.cgi
>>>

>>> This release includes the versions of the TDB2 xloader used to load
>>> 16.6B triples (WikiData all) into TDB2 and loading truthy on modest
>>> hardware. Thanks to Marco, Lorenz and Øyvind for running Wikidata load