Hey Avani,

Kafka Connect <https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#connect> is the tool
to use when you want to stream data to/from Kafka via external systems. One
would typically configure connectors which allow streaming data to/from
Kafka. There are 2 types of connectors:
1) Source Connectors: Which stream data from external systems like
databases etc to Kafka and
2) Sink Connectors: Which stream data from Kafka to external systems.

Since you want to stream data from MySQL to SQL Server, with Kafka Connect
it would be a 2 step process:

1) Capture changes from MySQL to Kafka using connectors like JDBC source
connector or Debezium MySQL connector.
2) Once the data is in Kafka, you can use JDBC sink connectors to stream
data from Kafka topics to the tables in SQL Server.

Note that this is a very simplified view of how you can achieve your goal
of streaming changes from MySQL to SQL Server and I would recommend reading
the documentation of the individual connectors and the Kafka Connect
framework to understand how to make it work for your usecase.

Thanks for your interest on Apache Kafka!

Thanks!
Sagar.