Hey Ravindra,

Thanks for the KIP! It appears to be a useful addition to the metrics to
understand poll related failures which can go untracked as of now. I just
have a couple of minor comments:

1) Does it make sense to drop the *record *part from the metric name as it
doesn't seem to serve much purpose? I would rather call the metric as
*source-poll-errors-total
*and *source-poll-errors-rate*.
2) Staying on names, I am thinking, does it make more sense to have
*failures* in the name instead of *errors *i.e.*
source-poll-failures-total* and
*source-poll-failures-rate*? What do you think?
3) Regarding the inclusion of retriable exceptions, as of today, source
tasks don't retry even in cases of RetriableException. A PR was created to
modify this behaviour (https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/13726) but the
reason I bring it up is that in that PR, the failures etc for retry context
would be computed from the RetryWithToleranceOperator. I am not sure when
would that get merged, but does it change the failure counting logic in any
ways?

Thanks!
Sagar.