Hi Ravindra,

When you say

we should ignore retryable exceptions when SourceTasks switches to using
> RetryWithToleranceOperator.

you mean the metrics computation should be avoided?

Now that I think about it, it might be better to keep the PR and the KIP
separated from each other. For now, because there are no retries via
RetryToleranceOperator, if poll() fails, we can just count it as a poll
failure for both retriable and non-retriable(as you pointed out).

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Sagar.