Ismael

Thanks for the feedback. 1/3 are in the pipeline.

re. 2 On some busy clusters a single metadata call has been observed to
take order of ~100 milliseconds(I think it's mentioned somewhere in this
motivation). So retrying immediately on the Produce path won't make sense,
as metadata would still be stale. Hence the current proposal optimises for
fetching specific-metadata about the new leader, in the produce & fetch
response, outside of the metadata refresh. What do you think?

--
Regards,
Mayank Shekhar Narula