Thanks for your feedback.

Kirk, that's a good point. I will check if there are other ways of raising
an exception than the deserialisation itself.
About Record, I agree I think it would be a better choice and my initial
version was using it. But then I realised that this class might not be
exposed, at least I had some errors from checkstyle. That solution would
also improve GC pressure if you do not use the record by avoiding the
allocation of useless byte arrays.
Maybe someone can confirm that there is no issue by using the Record class.
Matthias, thanks for your comment. Unfortunately I will have to find
someone to do the changes for me as I was not able to create an account on
the wiki.

Regards,
Fred