On 2010-11-07, at 18:01 , Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:

> Hello Louis, *
>
> On Tuesday 19 October 2010, 01:36, Louis Suárez-Potts wrote:
>> I just learned of this site on the ES project and would respectfully ask
>> the lead of the project—Alexandro—to remove it, as it would seem to only
>> instil confusion in the community, and to me is a transgressive use—a
>> misuse—of OpenOffice.org resources.
>>

>> http://es.openoffice.org/comunidad/listas.html
>
> I see that now (Sun, 7 Nov., 20:00 hrs) this page promotes oooes.org mailing
> lists, instead of es.openoffice.org lists.
>
> It's not up to me to explain what this oooes.org is, and its relationship to
> OpenOffice.org, but it seems to me this is a misuse of OpenOffice.org
> resources
> (or I may have missed something, and OpenOffice.org dropped all it mailing
> list
> with @es.openoffice.org domain, and granted oooes.org to proceed as they did).

As I mentioned, I too, would like to learn more about this relationship,
between OOoES and OOo. In general, I encourage local NGOs supporting local
efforts on behalf of OpenOffice.org. These could include weekly meetups (or the
like), local marketing, events, etc. There is little (to no) oversight
required, as I trust people in the community.

However, it's one thing to maintain an NGO for local events promoting OOo and
quite another to have what seems to be a parallel community in which the OOo
lead directs members of OOo *away* from OOo.

The Brazilian group, BrOffice, long maintained a relatively similar project,
BrOffice, but they were good sports about it and strove to synchronize one to
the other, if not always successfully. Still, there was not the same effort, I
believe as I see now evident in OOoES. There was also the impression of good
faith in all efforts displayed by the BrOffice group.

So: Alexandro: What is the intention of OOoES? For I agree with Ariel: you seem
to be misusing (even abusing) OpenOffice.org resources to provide for your
OOoES at our expense.

> Regards
> --
> Ariel Constenla-Haile