On Wednesday, January 14, 2015, Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Something I started thinking about and ta da...it's been proposed before --
>
> http://markmail.org/message/gjvwudqnzejlzynz
>
> In my mind, we could use some assistance in the maintenance of the
> toolkit for our UI instead of continuing to do it ourselves. This said,
> I know next to nothing about QT and from what I've seen, the licensing
> is pretty complicated and might not work for the ASF --

I have been working with Qt for many years and have in one project made a
converter from something similar to our UI descriptions to a Qt environment.

I can only recommend such a step.

As a side remark, translations will become a factor easier,  because the
are stored in their own fileset, meaning we only need to compile once for
all languages.

rgds
jan i