Hello Kevin,

A fix for SPARK-782 would definitely simplify building against Spark.
However, its possible that a fix for this issue in 0.9.1 will break
the builds (that reference spark) of existing 0.9 users, either due to
a change in the ASM version, or for being incompatible with their
current workarounds for this issue. That is not a good idea for a
maintenance release, especially when 1.0 is not too far away.

Can you (and others) elaborate more on the current workarounds that
you have for this issue? Its best to understand all the implications
of this fix.

Note that in branch 0.9, it is not fixed, neither in SBT nor in Maven.

TD