Hi Peter,

Based on your error message, seems you were not using the RC3. For the
error thrown at HiveContext's line 206, we have changed the message to this
one
<https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/v1.4.0-rc3/sql/hive/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/hive/HiveContext.scala#L205-207>
just
before RC3. Basically, we will not print out the class loader name. Can you
check if a older version of 1.4 branch got used? Have you published a RC3
to your local maven repo? Can you clean your local repo cache and try again?

Thanks,

Yin