good morning, denizens of the aether!

your hard working build system (and some associated infrastructure)
has been in need of some updates and housecleaning for quite a while
now.  we will be splitting the maintenance over two mornings to
minimize impact.

here's the plan:

7am-9am wednesday, 9-24-15  (or 24-9-15 for those not in amurrica):
* firewall taken offline for system and firewall updates
* expected downtime:  maybe an hour, but we'll say two just in case
* this will be done by jkuroda (CCed on this message)

630am-10am thursday, 9-24-15:
* jenknins update to 1.629 (we're a few months behind in versions, and
some big bugs have been fixed)
* jenkins master and worker system package updates
* all systems get a reboot (lots of hanging java processes have been
building up over the months)
* builds will stop being accepted ~630am, and i'll kill any hangers-on
at 730am, and retrigger once we're done
* expected downtime:  3.5 hours or so
* i will also be testing out some of my shiny new ansible playbooks
for the system updates!

please let me know if you have any questions, or requests to postpone
this maintenance.  thanks in advance!

shane & jon