-1 (non-binding)

I was able to build Spark cleanly from the source distribution using the
command in README.md:

    build/mvn -DskipTests clean package

However, while I was waiting for the build to complete, I started going
through the NOTICE file. I was confused about where to find licenses for
3rd party software bundled with Spark. About halfway through the NOTICE
file, starting with Java Collections Framework, there is a list of licenses
of the form

   license/*.txt

But there is no license subdirectory in the source distro. I couldn't find
the  *.txt license files for Java Collections Framework, Base64 Encoder, or
JZlib anywhere in the source distro. I couldn't find those files in license
subdirectories at the indicated home pages for those projects. (I did find
the license for JZLIB somewhere else, however:
http://www.jcraft.com/jzlib/LICENSE.txt.)

In addition, I couldn't find licenses for those projects in the master
LICENSE file.

Are users supposed to get licenses from the indicated 3rd party web sites?
Those online licenses could change. I would feel more comfortable if the
ASF were protected by our bundling the licenses inside our source distros.

After looking for those three licenses, I stopped reading the NOTICE file.
Maybe I'm confused about how to read the NOTICE file. Where should users
expect to find the 3rd party licenses?

Thanks,
-Rick