Hi everyone,

I'm curious about the difference between
ml.classification.LogisticRegression and
mllib.classification.LogisticRegressionWithLBFGS. Both of them are
optimized using LBFGS, the only difference I see is LogisticRegression
takes DataFrame while LogisticRegressionWithLBFGS takes RDD.

So I wonder,
1. Why not simply add a DataFrame training interface to
LogisticRegressionWithLBFGS?
2. Whats the difference between ml.classification and
mllib.classification package?
3. Why doesn't ml.classification.LogisticRegression call
mllib.optimization.LBFGS / mllib.optimization.OWLQN directly? Instead,
it uses breeze.optimize.LBFGS and re-implements most of the procedures
in mllib.optimization.{LBFGS,OWLQN}.

Thank you.

Best,

--