Hi YiZhi Liu,

The spark.ml classes are part of the higher-level "Pipelines" API, which
works with DataFrames.  When creating this API, we decided to separate it
from the old API to avoid confusion.  You can read more about it here:
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/ml-guide.html

For (3): We use Breeze, but we have to modify it in order to do distributed
optimization based on Spark.

Joseph