On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 6:51 PM, Reynold Xin <r...@databricks.com> wrote:
> I think we are in agreement, although I wouldn't go to the extreme and say
> "a release with no new features might even be best."
>
> Can you elaborate "anticipatory changes"? A concrete example or so would be
> helpful.

I don't know if that's what Mark had in mind, but I'd count the
"remove Guava Optional from Java API" in that category. It would be
nice to have an alternative before that API is removed, although I
have no idea how you'd do it nicely, given that they're all in return
types (so overloading doesn't really work).