I like the idea of popping out Tachyon to an optional component too to reduce
the number of dependencies. In the future, it might even be useful to do this
for Hadoop, but it requires too many API changes to be worth doing now.

Regarding Scala 2.12, we should definitely support it eventually, but I don't
think we need to block 2.0 on that because it can be added later too. Has
anyone investigated what it would take to run on there? I imagine we don't need
many code changes, just maybe some REPL stuff.

Needless to say, but I'm all for the idea of making "major" releases as
undisruptive as possible in the model Reynold proposed. Keeping everyone
working with the same set of releases is super important.

Matei