Yes its a touch decision and as we discussed today (
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pnF38NF6N5eM8DlK088XUW85Vms4V2uTsGZvSp8MNIA
)
"Kubernetes support window is 9 months, Spark is two years". So we may end
up with old client versions on branches still supported like 2.4.x in the
future.
That gives us no choice but to upgrade, if we want to be on the safe side.
We have tested 3.0.0 with 1.11 internally and it works but I dont know what
it means to run with old
clients.