IMO we can vote on rc8; that upgrade should not block it. If it fails
for some other reason, then rc9 will have it.

Supported versions in k8s-land are really weird and don't match well
to our release schedule. There isn't a good solution to this at the
moment... good thing k8s support is still marked as experimental. :-)

--
Marcelo