Okay, I took a look at the PR and I think it should be okay. The new
classes are unfortunately public, but are in catalyst which is considered
private. So this is the approach we discussed.

I'm fine with the commit, other than the fact that it violated ASF norms
<https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html> to commit without waiting
for a review.