From: L. C. Hsieh <vii...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2024 6:14 PM
To: Dongjoon Hyun <dongjoon.h...@gmail.com>
Cc: dev@spark.apache.org <dev@spark.apache.org>
Subject: [External] Re: Versioning of Spark Operator

This approach makes sense to me.

If Spark K8s operator is aligned with Spark versions, for example, it
uses 4.0.0 now.
Because these JIRA tickets are not actually targeting Spark 4.0.0, it
will cause confusion and more questions, like when we are going to cut
Spark release,
should we include Spark operator JIRAs in the release note, etc.

So I think an independent version number for Spark K8s operator would
be a better option.

If there are no more options or comments, I will create a vote later
to create new "Versions" in Apache Spark JIRA.

Thank you all.