Joe Germuska wrote:

Apropos of the earlier discussion about Maven repositories and such, I'm going to try to spend at least a couple of hours staking out a new CVS repository for "struts-as-TLP". I'm going to try to set up a local repository on my machine with a copy of /home/cvs/jakarta-struts and see what I can do with just moving files around.

Assuming that I get anywhere at all, are people OK with setting it up in CVS under the module "struts" and letting people use the Apache CVS server to test it? If not, I might be able to find a place to host it.

Joe

+1 on having a repository available somewhere to play with, if what you come up with looks useful.

-0 on having it on Apache hardware, until we adopt it officially. I think it would be confusing to people in the interim period between when it was installed and when it was adopted/abandoned.

Regarding a couple of other issues that are fuzzy in my mind:

* Did we end up agreeing with one repository (versus multiple) in the
"new world" repository? If so, "struts" is a good name for it. Otherwise,
we might want to call it "struts-experimental" or something during the
trial and testing phase.

* Did we end up deciding to stick with CVS versus Subversion? I know
the infrastructure team would be happier if we switched to svn ... I haven't
played with it enough to form an opinion on that yet.

Craig