Hmmm.... You may be thinking of HiveMind, which is the refactored
IOC-type container that grew out of Tapestry.  HiveMind is similar in
focus to Spring, but follows an approach that is similar to Eclipse.
(separation of configuration, services, with extension points).

No, I know about HiveMind, although I must admit that it seems like a lot of overhead for a lightweight container. So far, Spring is serving my purposes for dependency injection pretty well...

With that said, let me just go on record as saying I was intrigued with
Tapestry.

We should definitely learn all the lessons we can from Tapestry, and all the other controllers out there. Easier for me to say than to do, although I have looked at WebWork a little bit.

(although struts can
borrow some decorator ideas from site mesh -- with the request processor
chain it could be possible to pretty easily make a StrutsMesh).

What would StrutsMesh do that couldn't just be done with SiteMesh? I have only looked at SiteMesh a little, but it seems like it should be able to fit in anyway.
--
Joe Germuska [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://blog.germuska.com "In fact, when I die, if I don't hear 'A Love Supreme,' I'll turn back; I'll know I'm in the wrong place."
- Carlos Santana