I have to agree with Craig here. Although I haven't used JSF that much
yet, I have investigated it enough to understand its basic infrastructure
and functionality. As Craig said, it would require much work to abstract
the same functionality in to Struts, where it is already available in JSF
(such as view navigation).

One of my personal wishes for Struts 2.x (and I would love to volunteer)
is a smooth and clear integration with JSF. Many people are confused about
how JSF fits in with frameworks such as Struts (and webapps in general),
and this would be a great opportunity to clear that up once and for all.
Besides, it would put us in a good position marketing-wise, as there
aren't currently any frameworks (to mine knowledge anyway) utilizing JSF
in this manner. Shale should then focus on adding neat features "outside"
of what JSF already does.

I do wonder about one thing though - how would portlets fit into all this?
I know next to nothing about portlets, except that I feel it should be
supported out-of-the-box in Struts 2.x. Could JSF be used in that regard?

Regards,
\Anders