On 7/28/05, Greg Reddin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jul 28, 2005, at 6:30 PM, David Geary wrote:
> > I'm not sure I like pulling Chain into Tiles standalone (we are
> > talking about writing a Chain Command in Tiles, right?). I would
> > prefer a POJO in Tiles that does the dirty work (Shale could have a
> > Command wrapper that calls Tiles' POJO, if need be). A Chain Command
> > smells of Shale and I would prefer not to have that smell, even if
> > it's a good smell, in standalone Tiles.
>
> I don't think it means pulling chain into Tiles, though I did at first
> glance.  I think we can use a Servlet Filter to do the reloading work
> in standalone Tiles (by calling the POJO).

It's sort of a different way to look at it, but consider this ...
maybe the act of configuring the filter *is* your indication that you
want to check for reloads, and lack of the filter would work as things
do today (i.e. you have to reload the app to recognize changes).  That
way, people who don't care about checking for reloads have zero
performance penalty to worry about.

The same principle could apply to both standalone Tiles and to Clay, of course.

Craig