On 9/6/05, Leon Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Heh :-)
>
> It explains some ugly side-effects I've seen from time to time in last
> years
> with struts, but never bothered to investigate.
> However, we actually do have application hang-ups because of
> thread-unsafity
> of session.getAttribute() / session.setAttribute().
> It also seem possible to hang a webapp (not our:-)) just by hitting f5
> (reload) quick enough.
> I understand that this is a tomcat (or JSP Spec) issue, rather than
> struts,
> but struts could at least provide thread-safe methods for attribute
> handling
> in actions and taglibs (and it would be about 20 lines of code...).

If your servlet container has a broken implementation of get/set attributes
on an HttpSession, there is nothing that Struts can do to protect you from
problems ... even providing synchronized locks around get/set calls would
still not avoid problems caused by application logic, or logic inside the
container itself, that would bypass it.

Sounds like you need to get after the folks providing your container to fix
this.

Regards
> Leon

Craig