On 9/6/05, Leon Rosenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> After we agreed that this is a bug, I have to disappoint you again, and
> tell
> you, that this is NOT a bug.
> According to the servlet spec, the webapp has to control access to the
> session, not the container. To quote the jdk1.4 tutorial:
> (http://java.sun.com/j2ee/1.4/docs/tutorial/doc/index.html, chapter 11)

Forwarded a note to the servlet spec lead ... the underlying spec language (
SRV.7.7.1) was originally intended to remind application users that they
must make their *own* objects threadsafe if they are stored as a session
attribute. To use that language as an excuse for the *container* not having
to make its own collections threadsafe means that the language is broken.

Craig