On 6/12/06, Craig McClanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

For maximum user benefit, it's nice to ship sample apps "ready to run", with
all their dependent jars included.  But with four apps already, that would
mean lots of jar files duplicated -- which would really bloat an all-in-one
download.  For the Ant based builds, I took the tack of creating several
kinds of artifacts:

* A zip of the framework itself (library jars, sources, javadocs)

* A zip  of the dependencies (which Maven will eliminate the need for

I think 'jars without dependencies' is possible.  Asking for the
dependencies, but not the jar they came from, might be more difficult.
Could the second one be a library distribution of Shale +
dependencies?

* A war file for each example (ideally with a buildable source module
  and javadocs for the application classes included inside).

It's usually WEB-INF/src for the sources, but I haven't seen Javadocs
in a .war file.  WEB-INF/apidocs?  (There's an example of copying the
sources in Struts Action, probably in apps/pom.xml.)

--
Wendy