This will break almost every project I have (in a trivial way), but if it will simplify the Wicket core you have my:

+1 (non binding)

Regards,
   Erik.

Juergen Donnerstag wrote:
Hi,

MarkupContainer.isTransparentResolver() regularly is the root cause
for some problems where users don't fully understand the implications.
It's main purpose is for auto-components which shall be "hidden" from
the user. Unfortunately it is at a very prominent position and may be
too easy to use.

IComponentResolver can do the same and is a the more generic approach.
In order to serve isTransparentResolver() there is special code spread
around core. I'd like to remove isTransparentResolver() from 1.5. I
made TransparentWebMarkupContainer a top level class and tested it.
It's working fine. What do you think?

-Juergen

--
Erik van Oosten