Can we not use just this TransparentMarkupContainer and add the atrtibutemodifiers to that component?

   Erik.

Juergen Donnerstag wrote:
Yes, it is trivial. Just copy the code from the
TransparentMarkupContainer (still on my disk).

As another option: In 1.5 we removed the final keyword from
MarkupContainer.add(Component...) - see Border.java for the use case -
so that in 1.5 you may also subclass add() and thus keep the markup
and component hierarchies in sync.

-Juergen