On 09/22/2017 01:07 PM, Petr Pisar wrote:
On 2017-09-22, Ralf Corsepius <rc040...@freenet.de> wrote:
How to build a sub tree of packages in fc27, when the root of this tree
changed SONAME?

In rawhide, if you want a longer time isolation, you ask relengs for
a sige tag, you do all builds there without affecting others and then
you ask relengs to merge the builds back to rawhide. Of course this has
same races and one needs to reaply all rawhide changes into the side tag
otherwise a mismatches can happen after the merge.

This certainly makes sense for larger number of packages.

I don't know if this procedure is acceptable for f27.
I would not want to do this.

However, I meanwhile seem to have resolved my problem.

The trick was to use several build overrides, one for each "tree level" of the package tree being involved.

In this case, the tree was 2 levels deep, comprising 6 packages, with a dependency graph like this:

A1 -> B1
   -> B2
   -> B3 -> C1
         -> C2

One build override on "A1" and one build override on "B3".

As Tom said, painful, but doable due to the fairly small size of packages being involved ;)

In my opinion the whole idea of chaning a SONAME in f27 is wrong.

Nah, it's just a more or less a last minute update (Remember F27 is still in testing!), which seemed useful because A1's upstream released the first major bugfix update for ca. 2 years. "Just in time"/"last minute" to make it into Fedora.

In former Fedora times, I would have updated A1 by brute force and then gradually have let the other packages catch up.

Ralf