On 01/31/2018 06:26 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 12:42 PM, Daniel Walsh <dwa...@redhat.com> wrote:
On 01/30/2018 11:50 AM, Jan Kurik wrote:
= Proposed Self Contained Change: Atomic, Cloud and Docker images for
s390x =

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Atomic_Cloud_and_Docker_images_for_s390x

Change owner(s):
* Sinny Kumari <sinnykumari AT fedoraproject DOT org>

This change is to bring s390x architecture closer to other Fedora
architectures by adding widely used Fedora variants. This includes
docker images, Atomic Host (iso, qcow2 and raw format) and regular
Cloud Images (qcow2 and raw format).

== Detailed Description ==
We already ship Atomic, Cloud and Docker images on other 64-bit Fedora
supported architectures- aarch64, x86_64 and ppc64le. With Fedora 27,
s390x is part of primary koji build system. Currently, we only ship
Server and Everything variants for s390x. So, our next steps should be
to have missing Fedora variants on s390x architecture which users will
find useful. This brings in shipping Atomic, Cloud and Docker images
in Fedora for s390x as well.

== Scope ==
* Proposal owners:
These are isolated changes which doesn't impact existing Fedora 28
release plan on s390x. To have these changes ready to ship in Fedora
28, we mainly require s390x koji builders configured to run these
composes, changes in pungi configuration [
https://pagure.io/pungi-fedora/pull-request/496 ] to enable the
additional compose and fixing s390x specific issues encountered when
compose fails to run.

* Other developers:
Changes in Fedora infrastructure configs/scripts will be required to
have s390x builders configured to run additional composes. Fedora
Infrastructure issue [
https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/6659 ] has been filed to
keep track of required changes to be done.

* Release engineering:
#Releng 7286: https://pagure.io/releng/issue/7286

* Policies and guidelines:
N/A (not a System Wide Change)

* Trademark approval:
N/A (not needed for this Change)

You mean OCI Images...
Mostly likely, yes.

Relatedly, has there been a change request to move the default
container runtime to cri-o or runc or rkt or anything other than
docker in Fedora Atomic?  If so, that will be neat and I'm sorry I
missed it.  If not, why not?
Not yet.  We are working on packaging podman which would give users the same
experience as Docker CLI without requiring a Daemon.  That would be the thing to replace Docker if we went that way.  CRI-O != Docker.  It does not have any of the CLI that users would expect.
Rkt is dead in my opinion.  runc is on Atomic host now, I believe.

josh