On Thu, 2018-09-27 at 13:29 +0000, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> I'm willing to put some skin in the game but it's unclear to me how
> we'd lay things out.
>
> Is anybody interested in meeting up about this and talking through
> it? I think the website / positioning / docs type stuff is
> addressable, but the big challenge here is figuring out the strategy
> we want.
>
> For example - who is using Server for what? Is the cloud base image
> meant for cloud deployments and there's another image targeted for
> developers running vms? Are they both under the same edition (right
> now cloud base images are shown under atomic) or are they separate
> editions? What is that edition / are those editions called? Are they
> Fedora Core OS or something else?

I don't think we ship anything that is exactly a *disk image* for this
kind of non-cloud, non-Atomic, minimal, probably-virtual deployment,
aside from the ones intended for vagrant use. At least not for x86_64.
I suppose I'd tend to use virt-install or just install from the network
install image, for this kind of use.

BTW, if you want to see everything we build and try to figure out what
it all is, the release validation pages have tables of all the
deliverables that got built for the compose under testing, e.g.:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Fedora_29_Branched_20180923.n.0_Installation

that's not absolutely everything we *try* to build - images that failed
don't show up, of course - but it's a handy starting point.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey