On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 10:09 AM Mattia Verga
<mattia.ve...@protonmail.com> wrote:

> Il 04/10/18 05:53, Christopher ha scritto:
> >
> > The answers to these questions should be clear, step-by-step
> > command-line instructions, or specific examples of a SPEC file
> > modification. Where can I find that kind of documentation?
>
> There's a lot of information about that at
> https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/modularity/
>
> However, I'm still confused too... what's the difference between
> Requires and BuildRequires in .specfile and build and runtime
> dependencies in module definition file? Aren't Requires and
> BuildRequires enough?

In most cases, yes. The only time you need to include them in the
module definition file is if you explicitly need a *different* version
of your dependencies than what would show up in the standard repos.
(E.g. Fedora 29 will ship Node.js 10.x by default, but the application
you are packaging requires Node.js 8.x or older, so you would add a
buildrequires to the module to tell it your module stream also relies
on a non-default stream of Node.js.

> For example, I would like to build a module for Skychart; Skychart needs
> FreePascal and Lazarus as buildrequires; should I also add them to
> module definition as build dependencies? If a new FreePascal or Lazarus
> version is built, it will trigger a new Skychart module build, or I
> still need to do it manually?

If FreePascal and Lazarus of the correct version are available in the
standard repository (i.e. you don't have to specify a non-default
stream of a module to get the correct version), you do not need to
specify them explicitly in the module definition.