On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 05:46:54PM -0000, Raphael Groner wrote:
> >> 4. How do I declare Requires on my runtime dependencies from another
> >> module?
> > No changes on the RPM level. You also have dependencies on the module
> > level,
> > which makes their packages available to you. At buildtime it means their
> > packages
> > are available for you to install in the buildroot, at runtime that they are
> > available as
> > installable deps. Besides ensuring you depend on the modules that provide
> > your
> > packages in the appropriate situations, you don't need to do anything.
>
> Isn't this what comps are designed for?
> # dnf group install $name

Unless I'm missing something, comps don't really pin you to
sets of NVRs for the same name.

If I have, for example, two conflicting stacks available, say
perl:5.26 and perl:5.28, with modules I can choose which of the
two I have available in the buildroot and can later select the
package set at runtime.  With comps I'd need to hardcode this in
package names and reflect that in every Perl package in Fedora.

At runtime I also get updates for perl:5.26 with the usual
"dnf upgrade", without being upgraded to 5.28, unless I choose
to switch.

Maybe you had something else in mind.  In that case, please
elaborate.