On 7/14/19 11:46 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Miro Hrončok:
>
>> The only other use/need for the repostories is to allow maintainers to
>> debug and test fixes for multilib shipped packages, but the koji
>> buildroot repo can be used for this use case.
>
>> ** modify mock to use the koji buildroot for i686 for f31+ for those
>> few users that need to build i686 packages locally.
>
> Due to lack of debuginfo packages in Koji, this results in a worse user
> experience.  (See <https://pagure.io/koji/issue/540>.)

Yeah, that is a downside. :(
Last updated a year ago... wonder where it is on the roadmap.
Will ask.

> I also think all architectures should behave consistently in mock.  It's
> odd that after the proposed change, only on i686, mock will be affected
> by buildroot overrides in the default configuration, for instance.

Also true.

I just don't think the number of people who do local i686 builds is all
that large, so it having some issues and corner cases to help out the
vast majority of folks seems like a good trade off to me.

kevin