On 9/17/19 8:04 AM, Miro Hrončok wrote:
> On 17. 09. 19 17:00, jkone...@redhat.com wrote:
>> If that is not doable what about taking last Rawhide compose and mark
>> that as first compose of newly branched Fedora? The only thing I'm
>> asking for is to have a base ground which is not available right now.
>
> That is actually a nice proposal. I wonder whether it is technically
> possible. CCing (hopefully) relevant people.

It is not.

Branching is not just "oh, make a new compose". There's a ton of
steps/work that happens then, including:

* Making a new branch on all active rpms
* Switching to a new signing key in rawhide.
* New pungi-fedora config, new comps, new kickstarts.
* Setting up new koji tags, etc.

I'm sorry for the delay in a f31 compose this time. ;(

Here's my suggestions:

* Make sure branching isn't right after flock. Mohan was traveling and
we were both jetlagged so I think it was harder to watch things.

* We should leverage rawhide gating in the next branched: Set it up for
gating just like rawhide (this time we didn't) and then actually disable
allowing new builds in until we have a compose. This would hsave saved
us many days of people landing broken stuff we had to sort out. We could
at least get a compose to have to start with. The next compose might get
a pile, but at least we don't have to fight a moving target.

* somehow figure out the pungi-gather segfaulting issue and fix it. This
doomed several composes.

* Now that we have composes somewhat faster, we can run 3-4 a day at
least, so that should speed up fixing things.

* Stop rawhide composes until we have a branched compose. This may not
be needed with the change to make rawhide use 'rawhide' and not the
number, but we should consider it if we don't have a compose to avoid
confusion.

kevin