On Friday, September 20, 2019 6:08:46 PM CEST Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On 9/20/19 4:39 AM, jkone...@redhat.com wrote:
> > What COPR was doing (I think they changed it after F31) then before a
> > new chroot in COPR appeared they copied the latest Rawhide chroot to
> > have something working in the new chroot. So, if we build the new
> > Rawhide the same day as F31 branch compose is ready then they don't
> > have a time to react and sync "the old Rawhide" version.
>
> I thought that was not manually copied, but just that way because we had
> no f31 compose, so f31 and rawhide were the same thing (due to
> mirrormanager).

What we were doing before was that we (a) copied Rawhide to
branched, and (b) enabled the branched chroot -- but both actions mostly
atomically at the same time (the (b) was always done immediately right
after (a)).

This time (F31), for (b) to happen we needed to wait till there's F31
compose available (so we waited even with (a)).  So we copied the Rawhide
builds too late, many of them already had fc32 dist tag.

So for the next time, we'll try to do (a) first, immediately after
the branching moment.  And we'll wait for the branched compose with (b).

Naturally users will miss some builds in branched (those which happen
between (a) and (b)), but problems caused by this should be slightly
easier to resolve than what happened during F31->F32.

Pavel