On Sunday, September 22, 2019 12:26:46 AM MST Ty Young wrote:
> I'm of course also interested in ensuring compatibility with Fedora for
> my application but given how hostile y'all are to Nvidia it doesn't seem
> like it's ever going to happen. I guess it's not the end of the word
> since noone really uses Fedora for gaming but still... if no one at
> Fedora wants to support Nvidia then remove their driver from RPM Fusion
> already and be done with it.

Okay, you just lost the benefit of the doubt here. I'm going to respond to
this, and this is my last message to this thread. I hope nvidia can provide
you with the assistance you need.

The Fedora project is not hostile to nvidia. On the contrary, we'd love to
support nvidia GPUs. To that end, we provide up to date packages for the
Nouveau driver. Nvidia only releases proprietary blobs, instead of a proper
driver. We can't do anything with that. We can't make it compatible with
Fedora, because it is proprietary. This has been a problem with nvidia for
over a decade, to the point that there is now that famous clip of Torvalds
giving nvidia the middle finger. There's just nothing we can do,
unfortunately.

If whatever application you're talking about is FLOSS, it'll likely not be a
problem, as the end user could simply compile your software to run on their
system, or install it through the package manager. At worst, they'd have to
patch your software to work on an updated system like Fedora.

Fedora does not maintain RPMFusion. We literally cannot support nvidia's
proprietary drivers, as.. they're proprietary.

Have a good one.

- -
John M. Harris, Jr.
Splentity