On Tue, Jan 7, 2020, 18:21 Nicolas Mailhot via devel <
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Le mardi 07 janvier 2020 à 17:14 +0100, Iñaki Ucar a écrit :
> >
> > I'm far from having a satisfactory response to that, but I see two
> > fronts here. First, marketing. How does Ubuntu managed to be so
> > popular among less-experienced Linux users? I'm not sure, but I
> > suspect that good marketing has something to do with it.
>
> They had good marketing in the form of a billionaire publicly showering
> cash around “in the public interest”. The press (especially the non-
> technical press) loves this kind of story. Unfortunately, it’s not
> something cheap or easy to replicate.

In my opinion it is more about story telling rather than actual marketing
involving a big pile of cash.

What are the stories we can share about Fedora ? What kind of cool stuff it
allows you to do ?

There is very little content (blog, article, tutorials, video etc ..) based
on Fedora. For example we now have modularity and I have yet to read or
watch someone showing the cool stuff they did with it.

I think the project needs different story to tell, for example "How Fedora
can help in a DevSecOps pipeline" or "Why should I run my python
microservice on Fedora" etc ...