On ke, 12 helmi 2020, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This package has been deprecated for a very long time (a decade?).
> Nothing should be using it anymore. Either use GDBus via PyGObject, or
> another D-Bus client library instead. If anybody wants to take this
> package, I'm sure that could be arranged. Working out a retirement plan
> would also be a good idea, though if there are too many rdeps it might
> not be practical.

This is probably not going to be workable:

$ sudo dnf -q repoquery --whatrequires python3-dbus | wc -l
106
$ sudo dnf -q repoquery --whatrequires 'python3.7dist(dbus-python)' | wc -l
3

I don't think this was the library that was deprecated either. I'm
pretty sure that was the libdbus-glib library, though this is
unfortunately built on top of that.

I wonder how many of those are actual dependencies or ones that are
legacy where the package uses other method but the dependency remains.

FreeIPA depends on python3-dbus for quite a lot of its essential
functionality. I filed a ticket https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/8194 to
eventually migrate to GIO-based approach. But I don't think that will
'fix' the dependencies for the rest.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer