On Mon, 2020-03-23 at 15:42 +0100, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
> The dist-git is now emitting the messages via fedmsg. Whenever new upload has
> been done.
> As fedmsg is dead (long live fedora-messaging), I wonder if someone is
> actually consuming those messages? Should we
> migrate the code? Or is it save to drop this functionality?
>
> If I did not get any response I will propose to drop this functionality in
> upstream.

fedmsg is not really dead. It is no longer actively maintained but it
is still running and in fairly wide use. infra team is trying to port
everything from publishing to fedmsg to publish to fedora-messaging
instead but this is still WIP; dist-git is probably on a list somewhere
as part of this effort, but other things have also not been converted
yet, e.g. badges, and the bridges from github and bugzilla (the
bugzilla one has been ported upstream but the infra deployment hasn't
been updated to the new version yet).

As I mentioned to Neal, two-way bridging is in place between fedmsg and
fedora-messaging until the conversion process is further along. So even
though you're still publishing to fedmsg for now, your messages will
already be appearing on the fedora-messaging bus, thanks to the bridge.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey