On Mon, 23 Mar 2020 10:13:05 -0700
Kevin Fenzi <ke...@scrye.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 03:35:11PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann'
> Mierzejewski wrote:
> > On Monday, 23 March 2020 at 12:10, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> > [...]
> > > The bottom line is that these tools need to support our
> > > workflows, not try to shoehorn us into a particular way of
> > > working.
them to suit your workflow.

> > And I do sympathize as I didn't like them, either. That's why I
> > spent maybe 15 minutes deleting all default notifications and
> > adding only those I wanted, e.g. new version notifications, bodhi
> > update status changes and koschei build status changes. The link to
> > the configuration interface is in each notification e-mail.
>
> So, indeed you can customize these notifications, which perhaps not
> all maintainers are aware of.

I have a suggestion that probably would require a lot of work to set
up, but would solve this issue.

All the notification emails come with a reply-to address.  If a
packager sends a reply to a notification, an application receives the
email at that address, and cancels the sending of that type of
notification for that person (that email address). So, as a packager
goes about their daily work, if they don't want to receive a type of
notification, they just hit reply, and they never receive that type of
notification again. If they want to receive it in the future after
cancelling it, however, they will have to manually configure that.

The work is in writing an application to receive the emails and do the
cancellation of future emails.